The 2016 DISQUIET Prize is now open for entries! Contest winners in the categories of fiction, poetry, and non fiction will have their winning work published in North America’s leading publications. Additionally, one grand prize winner will receive a full fellowship (airfare stipend, tuition, and housing included) to the 2016 DISQUIET International Program in Lisbon, Portugal. Runners-up and other outstanding entrants will be considered for financial aid.
The complete guidelines for the 2016 contest are as follows:
Deadline: JANUARY 31, 2016
- Eligibility: Only previously unpublished work in English can be submitted. We accept entries from all ages and countries.
- All entries should be in a standard type face and 12pt font and, if emailed, attached in .pdf, .doc or .rtf format.
- For fiction: ONE short story or novel excerpt, maximum 25 (double-spaced) pages per entry.
- For non fiction: ONE piece of non fiction, maximum 25 (double-spaced) pages per entry.
- For poetry: No more than SIX poems per entry, up to 10 pages total.
- Entrants may submit to any or all categories more than once; however, each entry must be accompanied by its own entry fee.
- In your subject line, please include your name and type of submission (short story, novel excerpt, poetry, non fiction, etc.) e.g. Jane Smith – Poetry
- Include your complete contact information (name, address, telephone, email address) on a cover page of the manuscript.
- Winners will be notified by late March 2016.
- Previous first place winners may not re-enter in the same genre.
Visit our Submittable page to enter and pay the fee via Paypal. A $15 US reading fee must accompany each entry. Multiple entries are permissible, as long as they are accompanied by separate reading fees.