The 2018 DISQUIET Prize is now open for entries! Contest winners in the categories of fiction, poetry, and non-fiction will have their winning work published in North America’s leading publications. Additionally, one grand prize winner will receive a full fellowship (airfare stipend, tuition, and housing included) to the 2018 DISQUIET International Program in Lisbon, Portugal. Runners-up and other outstanding entrants will be considered for financial aid.
The complete guidelines for the 2018 contest are as follows:
New deadline: February 9, 2018
- Eligibility: Only previously unpublished work in English can be submitted. We accept entries from all ages and countries.
- All entries should be in a standard typeface and 12pt font and in .pdf, .doc or .odt format.
- For fiction: ONE short story or novel excerpt, maximum 25 (double-spaced) pages per entry.
- For non fiction: ONE piece of non fiction, maximum 25 (double-spaced) pages per entry.
- For poetry: No more than SIX poems per entry, up to 10 pages total.
- Entrants may submit to any or all categories more than once; however, each entry must be accompanied by its own entry fee.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please notify us immediately if your submission is accepted elsewhere.
- In the Submittable submission form, please include your name and type of submission (short story, novel excerpt, poetry, non fiction, etc.) e.g. Jane Smith – Poetry
- Include your complete contact information (name, address, telephone, email address) in the Submittable form.
- Winners will be notified by late March 2018.
- Previous first place winners may not re-enter in the same genre.
Visit our Submittable page to enter and pay the fee via Paypal. A $15 US reading fee must accompany each entry.